Web3 is a term most techies have heard by now, often in combination with other hotness like the metaverse, blockchain, defi, gamefi, NFTs and the list goes on.
Not everyone agrees that web3 is going great but more importantly, not everyone understands what is meant by the term web3 or any of the terms mentioned above. My workshop fixes that for you.
I just don't get it
A few years ago I tried to understand how blockchain development worked and what it would even be useful to program something called a smart contract. I just didn't get it and quit after a couple of days of trying to figure out what the hell I was doing.
Then a year or so later I wanted to give it another try and suddenly it just clicked. I understood how programming smart contracts worked, how I could build app and front-ends on top of them and deploy a so called distributed app or Dapp. After investing a couple of weeks of my time and going through a bunch of whitepapers, blogs, videos, podcasts and books I started to see the potential of what web3 can bring and I could better tune out the hype surrounding it at the same time.
Don't expect me to make you a believer - that's not what I'm trying to do - but if you are open-minded enough to learn about the underlying technologies I'm sure that I can at least give you the opportunity to make up your own mind when someone in a meeting says they need to add some blockchain to their project or want to sprinkle some NFTs into a campaign.
This workshop is for you, if ...
- you want to understand what the hell web3 is
- you want to understand why crypto is more than hopium
- you want to understand what the blockchain is, how it works and why it's important
- you want to understand what the cool kids at the table mean by DeFi and GameFi
- you want to understand possible use cases for all this new tech
- you want to separate the hype from the real stuff
- you want to know why NFTs are both hype or one of the biggest opportunities for the next decade
- you want to take a look into the future and understand what the metaverse is all about
- you want to learn how to write smart contracts on Ethereum
- you want to learn how to build a Dapp and interact with the blockchain from your frontends or apps
Where is this workshop organized?
For (max 3) individuals interested in a cosy workshop I use my home office because that's both practical and a good informal setting to have a fun day exploring all of the above.
If you are a team or company interested in this workshop, I'll gladly come to your office as long as you have a good working projector, wifi, power outlets and open-minded team willing to learn more about web3.
How much does it cost to join?
I charge a fair fee for organizing the workshop, but it depends on the number of participants, location and specific adjustments you want me to make to the "curriculum". Feel free to just reach out via email or linkedin and I'll send you a detailed price for you or your team.
How others have experienced this workshop
The only way for me to be happy about doing my job is when others appreciate the time and effort I put into my workshops or classes. That's why I feel really honored when somebody tells their network they liked the workshop just the way I intended it to be.
Here's what people like you have to say about the workshop.